Christ Lutheran School is a private elementary school of The Lutheran Church~Missouri Synod.
Position: Bookkeeper. Part-time only. $15.00 per hour. Benefits not included.
Hours: Limited to 20 daily hours weekly. Ordinarily 12-25 for new workers, 7-15 with experience. Weekday hours until proficiency warrants review.
Qualifications: Proficiency in organization, detail, and filing.
Proficiency with QuickBooks Online and Excel.
Ability to communicate during business hours.
Successful, clear fingerprinting and background check.
Application: Provide a current resume.
Provide samples of your work.
Provide three (3) references.
Training: Available as needed, including myschoolworx.
Contact: Christ Lutheran School, 2000 18th Avenue, Sterling, Illinois, 61081
815-625-3800, or email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday, March 15, 2021.
- Prepare deposits and take to bank
- Copy all incoming cash receipts for file
- Enter family payments into before-school and after-school and tuition systems
- Key Thrift Shop entries as needed
- Pay and mail bills for school and Thrift Shop
- Review and research questions presented by parent or staff
- Bank transfers regarded flex account deductibles
- Prepare before-school and after-school invoices
- Review before- and after-school Past /dues; prepare and send statements; update Principal
- Input journal entries regarding Hot Lunch Program; reconcile Quick Books with Hot Lunch system
- External Backup to Quick Book accounts
- Verify all documentation is received re payroll; prepare payroll and submit using ADPPayroll Processing
- Submit 403b and 401k deductions to Concordia Plans
- Journal entries to Quick Books re payroll
- Update ADP re any changes to staff payroll; add any new employee information
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Prepare Board of Directors’ reports (balance sheet, profit & loss) re school and Thrift Shop
- Prepare FinCom Report for Board (family tuition and before-/after-school ledger)
- Reconcile Thrift Shop account and prepare checks for monthly Thrift Shop donation to school and reimbursement of Thrift Shop payroll wages and FICA tax.
- Attend registration to handle all incoming monies re tuition, registration fees, etc.
- Prepare Promissory Notes and attain signatures re family payment plans
- Enter all tuition plans, tuition assistance and fees into Quick Books
- Enter all tuition, tuition assistance and fees into Smart Tuition
- Work with Smart Tuition to get all new year accounts set up and ready prior to August 25th cutoff
- Prepare earned wages report for Concordia (February 28-February 15)
- Update Insure based on new charges presented from Concordia (see above)
- Work with Finance Committee for new fiscal year budget; update new budget in Quick Books; complete journal entries as needed
- Update ADP with new pay rates for fiscal year
- Prepare year-end family tax letters as requested
- Box up all year-end payables and receivable for 10 year storage
- Box up all outgoing family receivable file information for 10 year storage; create new files for any new incoming families